Did you know that around 90 percent of Americans judge you on your customer service capabilities? This matters because, for many clients, customer service begins with that first phone call. How do you ensure you handle phone calls as quickly and seamlessly as possible to provide the best experience?
The answer is by deploying VoIP-based virtual assistants.
But what are these virtual service attendants, and how do they work alongside your VoIP solution? Let’s take a look.
Virtual assistants and auto attendants
Think of a virtual assistant as a “digital receptionist.”
- When a client calls up your business, the auto assistant provides them with a list of options. For example, they might direct clients to press 1 to make an appointment, 2 to update their details, and so on.
- Thanks to the automated call assistance, clients reach the department they’re looking for the first time around.
You can hire someone to work as your virtual assistant and help field calls, or you can use an automated voiceover feature. Either way, the basic principle is the same. It’s all about providing a unified, centralized communication system for your clients.
How virtual assistants work with VoIP systems
The good news is that virtual assistants easily integrate with your company’s VoIP solution. Here are some of the primary ways that auto attendants work alongside VoIP.
- Call menus are fully customizable. So, you can direct calls to voicemail, specific company extensions, or even company inboxes. This way, there’s no longer any such thing as an “unattended” call.
- Auto attendants can often resolve simple queries. For example, customers can confirm the status of a delivery by entering a tracking number.
- You can easily change your scripts to suit evolving business needs.
Finally, auto attendants not only work with a range of VoIP solutions – they can work alongside “human” virtual assistants, too. How? Auto attendants act as “gatekeepers,” screening calls so virtual assistants can focus on more urgent queries.
How virtual assistants can help your business grow
Now we’re clear on how auto attendants work, here’s how they benefit your business when you integrate them into your VoIP solution.
- Increased productivity: Virtual assistants leave your employees free to focus on essential tasks rather than fielding calls.
- Lower operating costs: Auto attendants save you the expense of onboarding new staff, especially if you don’t have high call volumes.
- Improved customer service: Customer service improves because auto attendants mean shorter wait times, and customers speak to the right department the first time around.
Tips for deploying auto attendants
Ready to use auto attendants? Here are some quick tips to get started.
- Research your customers and consider what they need from your call menu. Put the priority queries at the start.
- According to statistics, always include an option to speak with a human advisor – this is a priority for roughly 56 percent of customers.
- Test the virtual assistant before you go live.
Auto attendants or virtual assistants can reduce the pressure on your business and improve the customer service experience from the outset. For more help finding the right VoIP solution for your business needs, contact our team at PRO OnCall today.